Monday, September 29, 2014

Witch Baby Soap Haul!

Hey ghosts and ghouls! Today I received my box of Witch Baby Soap products in the mail (after waiting with much anticipation). As some of you may know, I'm ridiculously obsessed with Halloween. So when I found out that there was a little handmade soap company selling pumpkin pie scented body butter...I was all over that.


I bought two soap bars and two body butters in the scent "Hallowmas" which is described as "This delectable soap smells of pumpkin and spice. It's sweet, spicy, and completely addicting. Perfect for any pumpkin lover." Hello, beautiful.
Not only is the scent of pumpkin and spice my favorite thing in the whole universe, I always love to support small companies that are super talented. They're an adorable shop (you should all really check them out...AND they ship worldwide, for my international readers!) out of New Jersey that packages their body butters in glass jars. How cute is that? Plus, they formulate their products without parabens, formaldehyde, propylene glycol, or sulfates. They also leave out urea of all kinds. Insert sigh of relief here.
I was skeptical of what the products would smell like, simply because I've smelled the Bath and Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin products, and NONE of them smell like cinnamon or pumpkin. It smells like floral soap. Therefore, I was feeling a little bummed out that I wasn't going to be able to access any pumpkin spice scented products...until I found the Witch Baby Soap Instagram! I went straight to their website and ordered Hallowmas...after it had come back in stock of course.
Well, today I got my notification that my package had arrived. I skipped to the mailbox like a kid on Christmas to grab my box of goodies, and basically ripped the box to shreds out of excitement.
Hallowmas Soap bar, which is adorable and green with a big orange pumpkin in the center, smells just like a pumpkin pie if someone stuffed it with oatmeal and a little bit of milk. It isn't overpowering, but you definitely smell some cinnamon and real pumpkin flesh, which is nice because usually pumpkin products don't actually smell like a real pumpkin.
Now, let's just have a chat about Hallowmas body butter. I opened the jar and sniffed, panicked, sniffed again, and sighed happily. It smells like grandma's pumpkin pie with a hint of coconut oil (which is in there, and is awesome for your skin). It's like rubbing a bowl full of buttercream frosting all over your body, but it absorbs easily. You feel it initially on your skin and it leaves you feeling soft and creamy, but not oily or sticky. 
I can't wait to place another order with them, they're awesome. If you're into year-round Halloween inspired products (or are looking for legitimately scented Halloween products right now), they have limited edition Halloween products (that's why I ordered 2 Hallowmas body butters and soaps) or they have a permanent collection as well.
Let me know if you check them out, beauties, and let me know what you get!

No comments:

Post a Comment