Thursday, September 18, 2014

First Impression: Korres Lip Butter

Don't laugh at me, I added another lip product to my collection. I know, I have a problem.
Let me just give you some back story on this one: I had a makeup trial for a mother-of-the-bride this morning. I realized last night that I was out of disposable mascara wands. Every good makeup artist knows: DON'T DOUBLE DIP YOUR MASCARA. You can give someone conjunctivitis and that would be awful...so moral of the story is always carry disposable mascara wands.
Anyway, I had to run to Sephora late last night because the beauty supply store near me was closed. I know, great idea, Taylor, realize you need your disposables at 7:30 pm. But my mall was open until 9, so I jumped in the car and ran over there to grab the last package of disposables they had.
But me being me...you can't leave Sephora with just one thing! Especially when the Korres island is right in the middle of the store! Next to the brushes where my disposables were! So of course I went over.
I've been looking at the lip butters for quite some time now, but I told myself I would finish my collection before I bought one. I think we all knew that wouldn't happen. So I grabbed Guava, which is just the clear color. 
I bought it for the sake of figuring out if I liked the texture, so I didn't want to grab a color that I could potentially become partial to but dislike the texture. It says "ideal for chapped lips" on the packaging though, so let's see how it goes!

So my actual first impression?
I put it on my lips about 5 minutes ago for the first time. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, it's a little chunky for my taste. I feel like there's way more plastic than there is product. However, it's very buttery. Not sticky at all, which is nice. I adore my A Great Kisser from Soap and Glory, but I tend to feel super sticky. It's smooth and luxurious, definitely, and the scent is gorgeous. It's almost peachy, but a little bit more melon-y...all in all, I like it! I'll do an update soon when I determine how I feel about it overnight.

Until next time, beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment